30 September 2016

Google Deleted My Favorite Blogs

Apologies to anyone who was used to seeing their blog on my sidebar to the right. Google (who else?) deleted them sometime in the last two weeks. I don't know if it was an accident or if Google updated something and they disappeared in the update. Some of the sidebar lists remain, but the first four lists of the blogs I read are now gone. Maybe it is now time to switch to Wordpress?

9 October 2016
The lists magically came back this week. I am glad I do not need to rebuild them.

4 comments:

  1. I would not be surprised if there was an update. Are you using a Blogspot template? Is it an old one? I wonder if some of the script changes ignore the older templates. I felt like mine changed in spacing recently and I wound up moving the frequent topics (labels) to the bottom of the page to make more room on the sidebar, but now it looks too short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, check this out: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/LFdsi7khwSo;context-place=forum/blogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    Thanks. I suspect I need to rebuild the blog lists from memory. My blogspot template is an old one and I customized it years ago. Funny that some items in the sidebar remain but others didn't.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're back!! They reappeared as of today!
    Ray

    ReplyDelete