15 March 2020

March 2020 Bloom Day

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
What's blooming in the garden on the 15th of the month

Not too much blooming yet. The crocus came and went when the temperatures soared into the 70s (20s C). Spring is a few weeks early this year, but I am not at starting seeds indoors. See the post before this one for the daffodil from nowhere.

Hellebores are lovin' it. I still need to find that pink one and separate it.

Hyacinths are just starting. Mixed pure white with "Sky Jacket" blue years ago. They don't come out as big as new, but they still bring a smile to my face (and my nose.)

Magnolia stellata 'Dr. Merril'.

This is over 30 years old - one of the first plants put in when I bought the house. Its form is more like a maple - strong single thick trunk - rather than a traditional star magnolia. And, with blooms as big as your fist, it perfumes the entire neighborhood.

For other garden bloggers' bloom day photos, spring over to the blog May Dreams Gardens.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a magnificent Magnolia!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea,
    Yes it is -- at this time of year.
    -Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last shot is stunning.Happy blooms day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All gorgeous flowers, but especially the magnolia, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Magnolia is gorgeous! I have a Magnolia grandiflora but its floral display is nothing like yours - and most of the flowers are so far above my head I can't even get a decent photo of them with the telephoto lens on my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Hellebores and Magnolia are gorgeous! We have a few weeks here until the Magnolias start blooming, so I'll just enjoy yours for now!

    ReplyDelete