04 June 2022

Crossed Daylily

A few years ago I started to cross daylilies and bearded iris (not with each other) ... becasue I could. I wanted to see what results I could achieve. This daylily bloomed two years ago for the first time and I was happy with the results. It's at it again this year.

I like the colors but do not remember what two I crossed. Its flowers are larger and more numersous than the other resulting crosses, one of which is blooming for the first time this year. Its colors are similar, but the stalks and flowers are a bit smaller, and the colors a little duller. It may be because of the plant size because the bigger plant propduces the larger blooms - it has been blooming longer and had more time to "leap."

Two others will bloom soon, but the buds are smaller and fewer. Maybe these plants need a few more years to develop.

I believe these two were the parents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment