15 March 2021

March 2021 Bloom Day

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
What's blooming in the garden on the 15th of the month

It's been almost a year since I posted something. Much time was spent working on an investment house last year, and then surgery, and then beginning a gardening Instagram account. I really like Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, so let's start blogging again.
There is not much springing in spring yet, but here are a few items found.

Yes, I know. Just a crocus. But, these crocuses were in the original gardens when I moved here over 30 years ago. They pop up in different places and in different gardens each year.

Extremely fragrant, jasmine-like, early-blooming white forsythia of the olive family.



Hellebores - I thought there was one color when I picked it up at a plant swap.





Mahonia

Unknown amaryllis bulb picked up at a plant swap and planted in the ground last spring. Brought indoors in the fall, it surprised me by finally blooming now.

Find other garden bloggers' posts at May Dream Gardens

9 comments:

  1. Oh, the crocus are so lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms, loved the Amaryllis and hellebores . It would be my pleasure if you share your gardening related post here http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2021/03/garden-affair-spring-flower-snapdragon.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those hellebores. I have four hellebores I planted last year, and they are just starting to make themselves known Thanks for letting me visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. This is my third year with these. They took a few years to get going.

      Delete
  4. I would love to follow you on Instagram if you would share how to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @raythegardener
    I will put up an Instagram link here later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish crocus were even half as happy in my climate, Ray. I received a handful of bulbs of an unidentified crocus as a gift with purchase 3 years ago and they surprised me by not only blooming the first year but returning the next 2 years, which isn't the experience I'd had previously. They haven't spread, though, and they essentially have no stems at all. I love your hellebores too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my crocus spread by way of squirrel effort.

      Delete
  7. It’s nice to see you blogging again and your blooms are lovely. I like your assortment of Hellebores and the white Forthysia. It’s not something to see around here often. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete