27 May 2019

Glenstone Buildings

A few of the exterior buildings of Glenstone are presented. I am not sure if they were all constructed at the same time. The main museum building is called the Pavilions and houses 11 galleries arranged about an interior water garden courtyard. A few views of the expansive meadows are also allowed from inside some galleries.

The pavilions are landscaped with native vegetation. But, turfgrass is found around another smaller gallery building, administrative offices and pond. Rainwater, the source for all irrigation, is collected and managed.

A small cafe building surrounded by native grasses and paper bark birch.

I think this is an admin building with lots of turfgrass.

Sculpture by Ellsworth Kelly along the pond.

Inside the opening of a sculpture by Richard Serra.

I was yelled at for taking a photo inside, but I was aiming outside to the interior water garden courtyard.



2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess you wouldnt expect me to be familiar with Glenstone but it sure does look interesting. If I am ever over your way I will drop by and have a word with whoever shouted at you. Off to see what Mr Trump is saying during his state visit. (wow, that captcha chalenge is a real pain)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took off the Blogger Capctha ... until I get a ton of spam again.

    ReplyDelete