15 April 2020

April 2020 Bloom Day

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
What's blooming in the garden on the 15th of the month

I didn't think there was much blooming for this month's post, but I looked for blooms in the gardens... and I found some!

The last of the poeticus daffodils are blooming.

Pieris japonica is blooming.

Azalea Snow was part of the original landscape over 25 years ago. Yup -- this is a dwarf azalea.

Ajuga looks amazing at this time of year when all the plants push out blue blooms.

I just noticed the Polygonatum (Solomon's Seal) is beginning to bloom.

Virburnum plicatum closeup. I wish it was fragrant.

Dogwood

For other garden bloggers' bloom day photos, spring over to the blog May Dreams Gardens.

10 comments:

  1. Amazing blooms. Those ajuga flowers are quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy,
      The Ajuga spreads quite easily into the lawn. I see it listed as an alternative to turfgrass, but it really shines in the spring with its blooms.

      Delete
  2. Wow Incredible blooms. Azaleas and azugas are strikingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms. I love the birds singing when I click on your pages. That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about the bird sounds - I have the sounds turned off in my browser.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers! The white Azalea is amazing!
    Thanks for your visit to my blog
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your white and blue blooms, particularly the Pieris. A belated happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. Blue is a rarity in my garden.

      Delete
  6. Oh, to have a dogwood tree... sigh! Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those blue and white blooms! The viburnum and Dogwood are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete