15 May 2020

May 2020 Bloom Day

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
What's blooming in the garden on the 15th of the month

Not too much variety in the garden at this date, but lots of iris. A nip of cold weather showed up earier this week, and then bam! 85 degrees (30 degrees C) today.

Siberian Iris seems to multiply more and more each year.

Unknown bearded iris but believe it may be 'Fantasyland'.

White nicotiana comes back every year from self-seeding.

Geranium sanguineum makes a nice ground cover.

Kalmia latifolia 'Sarah' was listed as the 'reddest of the reds' mountain laurel in the catalog.

One of my favorite iris, 'Clarence'.

Finally, another result of my bearded iris cross-breeding [posted 2019.05.14] that bloomed for the first time this year. A cross between the Fantasyland and Frank Adams. When the sun hits it, the golden yellow in the base of the petals light up the bright yellow fuzz.

For other garden bloggers' bloom day photos, spring over to the blog May Dreams Gardens

6 comments:

  1. Kalmia latifolia is such an pretty plant .It feels buds are more beautiful then actual blooms .Irises are so beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kalmia is a stunner! I love the white nicotiana and I've planted it every year since discovering it. It doesn't come back for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but the red kalmia looks deeper and redder this year. It must be that sun and warm weather (something we have not had in abundance this spring) lightens the color. I looked back on old photos and saw the flowers as more pink.
    -Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kalmia latifolia 'Sarah' is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your spring colors!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...how I do love those iris, and the Kalmia latifolia is gorgeous too! Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete