15 May 2021

May Bloom Day

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
What's blooming in the garden on the 15th of the month

The smaller perennials are still growing, while some of the larger ones are blooming.

Siberian Iris are in full bloom. I picked these multipliers up at a master gardener plant swap, and now have 3 stands with 100 blooms.

Columbine Aquilegia from my mom's garden years ago.

Pea blossom. Hey, veggies have blooms, too.

Mountain Laurel Kamlia latifolia. A very red 'Sarah' cultivar.

White camassia -- not as popular as the blue.

Bearded Iris. This reblooming cultivar 'Clarence' was purchased from Walmart many years ago.

Geranium sanguineum close up.

I don't know the name of my black bearded iris. It's really hard to get the color right, when taken with a cell phone camera.

Spiderwort grows well although in a sunty location.

The white ruffled bearded iris came from another plant swap.

The tree peony 'Garden Treasure' that closes up at night.

Find other garden bloggers' posts at May Dream Gardens

11 comments:

  1. I love your mountain laurel. Mine is getting ready. The siberian iris are beautiful too. I forgot to photograph mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phillip, it's a somewhat intense color for a mountain laurel. That's why I like it.
      -Ray

      Delete
  2. Your 'Clarence' iris looks so ethereal. I wouldn't mind it in my garden. Very lovely blooms in your May garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Siberian Iris is knock-dead gorgeous, as are your bearded Irises. Regrettably, I'm outside the hospitable zone for Siberian Irises and they wouldn't care for my alkaline soil either. Camassia is another genus of plants I wish I could grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I though camassia would grow well in the west. Maybe not cool enough where you are? If it make you feel better, you have some plants I can't but would be happy to have in my garden.

      Delete
  4. Your spring garden is wonderful, but those Iris's...wow!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. I sort of gained more Iris without realizing it as time went on.
      -Ray

      Delete