14 April 2012

April 2012 Bloom Day

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day
What's blooming in the garden on the 15th of the month.

There are a few blooms in the garden this time, between spring and summer. Did I mean spring and summer? What season is it really, with frost the past few nights, and temperatures in the 80's (upper 20's C) tomorrow. Outstanding at the moment are the California poppies that overwintered. Their performance earns them a future post.

You can find other garden bloggers' April bloom days at the blog May Dreams Gardens.

California poppies (Eschscholzia californica)

Salvia 'May Night' (Salvia x sylvestris)

Geranium 'Bevan's Variety' (Geranium macrorrhizum)

Ajuga (Ajuga reptans)

6 comments:

  1. I hope my California poppies bloom this summer...scattered some seeds in the septic field along with others--- so far no blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an impressive display from the ajuga. I think I have the only bugle anywhere that seems to be decreasing in size rather than increasing, but I have high hopes for next year (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,
    I hope to see California poppies on your blog.

    Sharon,
    Here, ajuga took one year to get going, and boy is it going now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share the Salvia in common, too--do you find it has an odd smell?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val,
    The salvia stinks. It smells like cat pee. I have to be careful when working around it for fear of getting the smell on my clothes and attracting all the cats in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon,
    My good plant loves some morning sun, and light shade the remainder of the day. Be careful what you wish for.

    ReplyDelete